The BCI runs a Members Only site where BCI members can access all their online member benefits and manage their membership account. Login
Joining the BCI
Individual membership of the BCI is open to BC professionals at all levels of experience. Statutory membership of the BCI provides internationally recognised status and demonstrates both professional and technical competency in BC. Increasingly employers ask for BCI membership when employing new business continuity staff and throughout the world major companies, when issuing tender documents for business continuity consultancy and services, insist on BCI membership.
London Based – EMEA
Experience in Financial and or Financial Services sector Required
Planning and Testing
- Oversee the management of business continuity plans for each function of the EMEA region within Omgeo ensuring:
- Semi-annual updates within business continuity online tool
- Senior Management approval of plans
- Testing – alternate site and supporting documentation
- Successful completion of itemized tasks managed by online tool
- Manage EMEA BCM client due diligence by answering client questions and hosting on site/off site meetings
- Continuous process improvement
- Reinforcement of BCM policies and procedures
- Frequent assessment of associate needs and supporting resolutions
- Support internal audit and SEC audit reviews
- Compilation of supporting documentation
- Maintain and enhance Omgeo’s emergency notification system (Envoy)
- Regular updates to employee contact information
- Use of increased functionality Communication
- Partner with global BCM team on events and initiatives to increase employee awareness around business continuity.
- Development and disbursement of Internal reference documentation on matters related to business continuity.
- Assist the global BCM team, with the development and production of client communication materials.
- Oversee BCM EMEA regional events including preparatory and actual events.
- Coordinate and lead crisis management team calls
- Liaise with CMT, Executive Team, Parent Company and Omgeo associates as needed
- Produce event reports including action items and supporting resolutions
- Partnership with Parent Company
- Alignment of business continuity plans
- Ensured support of technical operations necessary to peform critical business activities
- Industry partnerships
Accountabilities may include, but are not limited, to the following:
- Execute the daily operations and activities of the BCM program.
- Provide leadership while serving as mentor and SME to all BCM associates.
- Develop reporting metrics, guidelines, procedures, policies and rules pertaining to function and operation of the BCM program
- Draft periodic risk assessments to ensure the program is mitigating risks appropriately
- Coordinate and perform audit/reviews to prospectively test assigned program(s) for compliance with regulations, company policy and procedures, and managerial guidelines.
- Support the examination of the effectiveness of the program (policies, standards, procedures).
- Assist in the development and roll-out of educational plan, training materials, to educate employees about the program(s) and their role in the program.
- Develop working relationships with associates to achieve the desired goals of the program(s).
- Maintain a current understanding of regulatory trends and changes in law that impact assigned program(s).
- BS/BA in Business Administration, Accounting, Risk Management, Information Security, Legal Studies or equivalent combination of education and experience
- Excellent analytical, verbal and presentation skills
- Strong writing skills, including: report, policy and documentation
- Crisis management and emergency response execution
- Interpersonal and influencing skills with demonstrated ability to work with all levels of management
- Negotiation, delegating and team building skills
- Ability to promote all aspects of Omgeo business continuity management program and culture
- Strong problem solver
- 8+ years Business continuity experience
- Proven project management experience with history of setting and meeting project milestones and deadlines.
- Proficiency in the use of MS software applications and overall computer skills and savvy
- BCI or DRII certification required
Travel required 5% plus the ability to support global incidents and crises
To Apply please Submit your CV through this link to our Career site.