The Certificate of the BCI (CBCI) is the entry-level of certified Membership of the BCI and can be achieved by studying for and passing the Certificate of the BCI (CBCI) Examination.
Preparation to sit the exam can be done in the following ways:
- Taking an instructor-led classroom based Good Practice Guidelines training course (certification training) and sitting the examination, usually in a paper and pencil format, at the end of the course (completed in 3-5 days)
- Taking an instructor-led Good Practice Guidelines training course (certification training) online with Bucks Uni (2 hour sessions, twice a week for 8 weeks) and then taking the online CBCI exam securely at your own computer
- Self-study using BCI resources which can be purchased through the BCI Shop:
- BCI’s eLearning Building Resilience – A self-paced, interactive modular course.
- Mock CBCI Examination questions - 50 questions to test your knowledge
- Good Practice Guidelines 2013 Download the pdf from the BCI website
The CBCI certification offers a wide range of value-added benefits.
- Professional Competency: The CBCI certification is an assurance that professionals have the full knowledge and understanding of the theory of global good practice BC. This theory is based on the Good Practice Guidelines, the global guide to good practice in business continuity. It is also ideal for professionals who wish to begin or move into a career where they must demonstrate knowledge and understanding of good practice in BC.
- Employer Recognition: The CBCI certification is internationally respected. This gives you a professional edge with employers around the world recognising the value of your certification. Employers also have the added benefit of having certified practitioners which can help towards achieving alignment to ISO 22301, or to demonstrate enhanced levels of resilience which can give them the edge over their competition or help them to meet industry regulations.
- Classroom based instructor-led and online learning options: The delivery of the classroom based and online certification training courses are provided by Approved BCI Instructors only, who are highly experienced practitioners themselves. Our online options allow you to spread out your learning to fit with your schedule, or to study at your pace.
- Professional Status: The CBCI is a certified grade of BCI membership which recognises your professional status. Upon passing the examination at the appropriate level, and subject to proof of professional experience, you will be entitled to progress to the grade of Member of the BCI (MBCI) or an Associate Member of the BCI (AMBCI). BCI Membership unlocks a whole suite of benefits that help you advance in your career. Please remember that after the first year, a membership fee will have to be paid to maintain your credential, BUT at the end of year three, if you haven't upgraded your membership to AMBCI or MBCI, your membership will be lapsed and you will be required to re-sit the CBCI examination.
To find out more information about the examination, please download a copy of the Candidate Information Pack by clicking here