A Guide to the Business Continuity Institute
Individual membership of the BCI is open to BCM practitioners at all levels of experience. BCI members are a growing community, with over 7,000 people in 100+ countries, that benefits from sharing knowledge, networking and being part of the most respected international business continuity management Institute.
Statutory membership of the BCI provides internationally recognised status and demonstrates the member’s competence to carry out BCM to a consistently high standard. Increasingly employers ask for BCI membership when employing new business continuity staff and throughout the world major companies, when issuing tender documents for business continuity consultancy and services, insist on BCI membership.
Affiliate membership is often taken by those very new to the profession who do not yet have the experience to apply for professional membership. Applicants should have an interest in business continuity management and support the aims of the BCI.
Established in 1994, the BCI operates on the following principles:
Our PURPOSE is:
- To promote the art and science of Business Continuity Management worldwide
Our VISION is:
- To be the Institute of choice for Business Continuity Management professionals
Our VALUES are:
- Membership Focused – where our members are at the heart of EVERYTHING we do
- Quality Led – consistently delivering a high value, independent service
- Global Reach – building a worldwide community of influential thought leaders
Our GOALS are:
- To deliver a consistent “BCI experience” for members to develop and enhance their qualifications and expertise
- To strengthen BCI’s role as “the global thought leader” for BCM
- To increase BCI’s global influence within both mature and emerging BCM markets.