About the BCI Research Foundation
The BCI Research Foundation was established in February 2023 to fund and support high quality applied research into topics related to organizational resilience, operational resilience, business continuity management, crisis management, and other resilience-related disciplines.
- Provides funding for approved research studies within academic settings.
- Will generate original thoughts for the resilience sector, creating potential to develop new guidelines, frameworks, and best practice.
- Creates and facilitates opportunities for academics and business continuity and resilience professionals to communicate directly through roundtables, conferences, and special interest groups.
- Creates and facilitates opportunities for academics and business continuity and resilience professionals to collaborate on research.
- Helps with the dissemination and promotion of research outputs, encouraging their use in practice.
All research supported by the BCI Research Foundation must have practical and real-world relevance for professionals working in business continuity and resilience.
Summer 2023 request for proposals
The BCI Research Foundation uses a Request for Proposal (RFP) process where qualified researchers and academics within universities or other academic institutions can apply for research grants of up to £10,000 ($12,000) per project.
The next request for proposals will open on 6th June 2023. Researchers and academics who would like to start preparing an RFP can find more details about the RFP process and the application form here:
To discuss the suitability of a potential project for BCI Research Foundation support, please contact David Honour, the BCI Research Foundation Lead, at [email protected]