Applications now open for the North America BCI Future Leaders Program
The BCI USA and Canada Chapters are excited to announce the launch of the BCI Future Leaders Program. The objective of the program is to ensure that professionals new to the industry are engaged and have an active voice in our decision making forums. We encourage new voices, differing perspectives and challenge. The North America chapters will pilot the initiative in 2020.
Alice Kaltenmark, BCI USA Chapter President states “This is a great opportunity to encourage new voices to aid our chapters in evolving and adding value for our members and profession. Our USA chapter board is comprised of seasoned professionals – each adds considerable value, but we want to encourage new voices too! Your voice is valuable to us. We need your perspective to help ensure we stay relevant for today and tomorrow. To that end, we are adding a seat to our chapter board to ensure that these voices are represented.”
Marie-Hélène Primeau, BCI Canada Chapter President adds "you are never too young or not enough experienced to get involved, we value your opinions and ideas. Moreover, your participation in the shaping of BCI presence in Canada is a great experience to exercise your leadership and “working with others” competencies which will be key in your career development”.
The tenure of the positions will be 1 January to 31 December 2020. Successful role holders for Canada and the USA will:
- be a voting member of the national chapter board
- gain an understanding of BCI governance, and the role of a board member
- gain an understanding of the strategy and objectives of the BCI
- have a chapter board buddy to help you navigate BCI activity and your personal career
- receive one year of free BCI membership at your current grade
- have an active voice and role in evolving the chapter and making an impact
- build your industry network
- earn CPD credits for your voluntary contributions
Candidates will be requested to:
- actively participate in virtual chapter board meetings - these are ordinarily no more than one hour per month
- attend the annual chapter board face-to-face meeting - travel and accommodation expenses will be reimbursed
- propose, agree and deliver a specific project to add value to the BCI chapter and community over the tenure of your role
- write four blog posts, one per quarter, for thebci.org to share your experience with the wider community
Candidates must be:
- actively working in a business continuity and/or organizational resilience role
- have been working in the industry for less than 5 years
- be a Student, Affiliate or voting member of the BCI
Forward the following to David West by 30th December 2019:
- CV or link to your LinkedIn profile
- A statement of no more than 600 words stating why you would like to be a BCI Future Leader and how you can add value.
The BCI USA and Canada chapters will review applications received and notify all candidates of the outcome in early 2020.