Newcomer Fortress Availability Services scoops top industry award
Champagne corks were popping after fast-growing risk and resilience provider Fortress Availability Services was named Specialist Company of the Year in the prestigious CIR Business Continuity Awards 2019. Since FortressAS opened the doors to its Docklands workplace recovery centre just two years ago – becoming the first new independent recovery and data centre provider in over a decade - it has quickly made its mark on the business continuity and resilience profession.
FortressAS founder Andrew Lawton remarked, “To say we are thrilled to be honoured with this award would be a huge understatement. It is validation of the entire team’s hard work over the past couple of years. Massive thanks to the fantastic FortressAS team, our wise board and, of course, our wonderful customers who recommended us.”
FortressAS is shaking up the work area recovery (WAR) market by taking a fresh, genuinely customer-centric approach. Its purpose-designed Crossharbour Recovery Centre in London’s Docklands is a resilient, high quality WAR environment, underpinned by innovative technology, that reflects the way businesses work today. Some of the world’s largest Asset Managers, Banks and Insurers already trust FortressAS to support them in a disaster.
As well as Work Area Recovery, FortressAS’ services include Cloud Backup and Recovery (DRaaS/BaaS), Datacentre Colocation and Fortress Sentinel, the two-way mass communication solution.
Since its 2016 launch, FortressAS has also been offering pragmatic advisory and consultancy services to help organisations identify, manage and mitigate information, cyber, privacy and operational risks.
A broader focus - services portfolio extended
Now, in response to demand from London’s businesses, and to counter the leading risks that those businesses face, FortressAS has partnered with focussed, world-class specialist providers to offer comprehensive cyber risk and resilience solutions, alongside the existing operational risk and resilience services.
All FortressAS services are aligned to the NIST Cybersecurity Framework – a prioritised, flexible and cost-effective approach designed to promote the protection and resilience of critical infrastructure and other sectors important to the economy and national security.
The new services address key areas of cyber risk, such as Insider Threat and Endpoint Protection, and also tackle the broad subject of identity management.
New FortressAS partners include:
• ObserveIT, recognised as a “Vendor to Watch” by Gartner , specialises in insider threat management. It empowers security teams to detect, investigate, and prevent potential insider threat incidents by delivering real-time alerts, and useable insights into user activity in one easy-to-use solution.
• Cylance, a software company that is revolutionising cybersecurity with its unique AI-based solutions that predict and prevent execution of advanced threats and malware, rather than organisations merely reacting to a breach after it’s occurred.
• Identity Platform partners such as Sailpoint, OKTA, Duo, BeyondTrust and Bitglass, selected on a case-by-case basis according to customers’ specific identity needs. From physical access and application access to policy and compliance, FortressAS believes digital identity should be the cornerstone of every organisation’s digital strategy.
• The Skybox Platform which combines powerful security analytics software with data integration, network modelling, automation and vulnerability and threat intelligence to give customers immediate insight into their biggest risks and how to deal with them.
• Outpost24’s Vulnerability Assessment and Management platform - created by ethical hackers – enables continuous assessment of customers’ networks, devices, web applications and cloud infrastructure to provide a complete view of their IT vulnerabilities.
“We’re delighted our fresh approach to workplace recovery has been recognised by the industry but we’re not resting on our laurels and are excited to embark on the second phase of our development,” commented Andrew Lawton, stressing, “Our scope may be widening to encompass more aspects of Risk Management, but the fundamental values that have driven our success so far will not. We will continue to put the customer first, remaining flexible and innovative, because that’s what makes the FortressAS difference.”
For further information about FortressAS or any of its services, call 020 3858 0099, email firstname.lastname@example.org or visit www.fortressas.com