Mentoring at the BCI
Our mentoring programme rewards mentors and mentees – a great way to develop your career at any stage.
Share more. Learn more.
Share skills, learn from the best, and stay in touch with the future of business continuity and resilience.
- Learn from the best – Access support, professional guidance, and networking opportunities
- Go further – 75% of executives say mentoring played a key role in their career
- Plot your career – Get independent advice on your career plan
- Develop skills – Hear first-hand about the skills that matter and how to get them
- Understand your skills – A mentor can help you identify your strengths and weaknesses
- Earn more – Mentored professionals earn more
Three steps to finding a mentor
Set up your profile. Search for a mentor by industry, location, and availability. Send a request. Done.
Once your mentor has agreed to work with you, it’s up to you both to see what works best. Most mentoring tends to happen by email or video chat for a few hours each month.
Any of our members can have a mentor. And all our mentors are MBCI, AFBCI, or FBCI grade – so they know their stuff.
To access all of this you need to be a BCI member
Become a mentor
Our mentors often say it’s one of the most rewarding things they do. Becoming a mentor isn’t just about sharing your expertise: it allows you to develop useful skills of your own. It can help you:
- Hone your coaching skills – see what your mentee needs, and help them achieve it
- Help others progress – Guide others with their career development strategies
- Gain perspective – Get a better understanding of your own professional experience
- Learn from your mentee – Reverse mentoring gives you an opportunity to pick up new skills too
What are you waiting for?
All BCI members can participate in the BCI mentoring programme and if you’re an MBCI, AFBCI, or FBCI grade member, you can become a mentor today. Simply login to your profile to get started. If you aren't already a BCI member click the button below to expand your knowledge, meet fellow BC professionals, and enhance your career.