Operational Resilience vs Organizational Resilience - BCI White Paper Q1 2022
Please note that this white paper is for BCI Members only. If you are a BCI Member, login into your website profile to download the white paper.
This research project aims to investigate the role and the definition of two highly relevant concepts among resilience practitioners, namely “Organizational Resilience” and “Operational Resilience”. The former has become widely used to refer to the quality that an organization can develop through the collaboration of several management disciplines (e.g. BCM, ERM), while the latter – rooted in the financial services industry – is now gaining in popularity and needs to be better defined.
To provide guidance for practitioners across geographical areas and industry sectors, the purpose of this report is to build a thought leadership piece through a series of in-depth interviews with experts in the business continuity and resilience sector.
We would like to thank the following interviewees for agreeing to participate in this report, their input has been very valuable to the advancement of the discussion on this topic:
- Alex Densum – VP Operational Resilience at MUFG
- Brian Zawada – Chief Strategy Officer at Castellan Solutions
- Jaun Harmse – Head: Converged Security Fusion Centre at Absa Group
- Milena Maneva – Head of Business Continuity and Resilience EMEA at Cantor Fitzgerald
- Sam Reason – Head of Operational Resilience at Zurich
About the author
Head of Research & Intelligence, PANTA RAY