Introduction to Business Continuity E-Learning Course
15% discount available from 1st-30th September 2023 on single course purchases, discount codes are available below. 25% discount on E-Learning Corporate License, please email [email protected] to learn more.
Education Month 2023 - 15% off E-Learning Courses, please use the following discount codes:
- AUS$ - Edu23IntroToBCAU
- CAN$ - Edu23IntroToBCCA
- EURO€ - Edu23IntroToBCEU
- GBP£ - Edu23IntroToBCUK
- US$ - Edu23IntroToBCUS
A 25% discount is also available from 1st-30th September 2023 on E-Learning corporate licenses, please email [email protected] to learn more.
This E-Learning course is designed to provide you with a basic introduction to business continuity. Whether you are developing a business continuity programme within your organization as part of your role, or whether you need to understand how to support business continuity within your organization, this course will be beneficial to you.
It will help you ...
- Understand the key business continuity concepts and terminology
- Appreciate why business continuity is of importance to organizations and the benefits it brings
- Be able to explain the basics of business continuity to others, allowing you to become a positive influencer and support business continuity within your organization
- Build an action plan to help you start applying business continuity in your organization straight away, whatever your role.
This course is designed for:
- Practitioner/manager with named business continuity responsibilities wanting to understand the basics of the BCM lifecycle.
- Internal auditor charged with business continuity audit responsibilities.
The course is based on the Good Practice Guidelines (GPG) and contains 6 modules based on the Business Continuity Management Lifecycle:
- Module One: Introduction
- Module Two: Policy and Programme Management and Embedding
- Module Three: Analysis
- Module Four: Design
- Module Five: Implementation
- Module Six: Validation
This course is an interactive self-paced E-Learning course designed for professionals looking to gain an understanding of the importance of business continuity. Students will be taken through six modules, each related to each of the six professional practices in the BCM Lifecycle as featured in the Good Practice Guidelines (GPG).
The course is designed to be informative and interactive:
- Concepts and terminology explained in non-jargon, plain English
- Animated videos & glossary of key terms
- Downloadable action plan to help you think about your own organization as you work through the course
- Real world case studies to think about how business continuity can be applied to a variety of situations and businesses
- You need to carry out actions and answer questions as you work through each module
- And, at the end of each module there is a quiz to access understanding before moving on to the next one
Whilst there is no formal examination for this course, students will be encouraged to download a personal Action Plan to complete in the ‘Think about your organization’ section, this plan can be taken away and referred to after the course has been completed.
If you would like to purchase an in-house licence for this course please contact [email protected]
Please note that this product is copyrighted by The BCI and will be supplied for the sole use of the purchaser. Once purchased you will be sent an access email that will usually take up to 1 working day (UK office times) to arrive.
By purchasing this course, you will have 60 days access from the date you receive your registration eLearning link. Typically, the course should take around 4 hours to complete, so 60 days gives you plenty of time to fit around your work schedule and home life.
Time Extension Policy
Please note that short time extensions on the course completion deadline will only be granted in the event of suddenly arisen extenuating circumstances, such as a medical emergency. A medical certificate will be required.
We will not grant time extensions on the course completion deadline for work related or holiday/vacation reasons, so please check your calendar before you purchase the course.
Please note: By purchasing this online course you will lose your right to a refund within 14 days under the UK Distance Selling Regulations once the course registration email is delivered.