View 2012 Winners
Joining the BCI
Individual membership of the BCI is open to BC professionals at all levels of experience. Statutory membership of the BCI provides internationally recognised status and demonstrates both professional and technical competency in BC. Increasingly employers ask for BCI membership when employing new business continuity staff and throughout the world major companies, when issuing tender documents for business continuity consultancy and services, insist on BCI membership.
The BCI Global Awards recognise the outstanding achievements of Business Continuity professionals and organizations worldwide and pay tribute to some of the finest talent in the industry. Becoming a winner of a BCI Award gives international recognition for hard-earned achievements and is considered a great accolade within the BC profession.
The Awards constitute a key vehicle in raising the profile of the BC profession and the BC discipline. By putting the spotlight on the remarkable accomplishments and successes of BC professionals and organizations, the Awards serve to showcase the value of the profession and to demonstrate its critical importance to organizations of any size, in any sector, no matter where. They play a central role in highlighting the career opportunities within the profession and for sowing the seeds for future BC workforce generations, which is crucial to the sustainability of the profession.
All winners of the BCI Regional Awards are automatically entered into the BCI Global Awards. BCI Regional Awards are currently held in Asia, Australasia, Europe, India, North America, Africa and the Middle East.
The BCI Global Awards are celebrated in style at our spectacular Gala Dinner, which is hosted every year at a top London venue and concludes day one of the annual BCM World Conference and Exhibition, the leading event in the global BCM calendar. The Gala Dinner furthermore provides an excellent networking platform, bringing together BC professionals from across regions and nations to share their experiences and to celebrate their victories in a fantastic setting.
The winners of the 2013 BCI Global Awards were presented on the evening of 6th November. The winners were:
- Business Continuity Consultant of the Year: Saul Midler MBCI, Managing Director, LINUS Information Security Solutions
- Business Continuity Manager of the Year: Tom Clark MBCI, Director of IT Business Continuity Management Services, Liberty Mutual Insurance
- Business Continuity Team of the Year: Standard Life plc
- Public Sector Business Continuity Manager of the Year: Alan Jones MBCI, Head of Resilience & Emergencies, West Sussex County Council
- BCM Newcomer of the Year: Andrew MacLeod AMBCI, Consultant, Needhams 1834 Ltd
- Business Continuity Innovation of the Year: Vocal Ltd
- Business Continuity Provider of the Year (BCM Service): SunGard Availability Services
- Business Continuity Provider of the Year (BCM Product): eBRP Solutions Network, Inc
- Most Effective Recovery of the Year: Etihad Etisalat – Mobily
- Industry Personality of the Year: Richard L. Arnold.
In the ‘Public Sector BC Manager of the Year’ Award, Mary Ellen-Lang was highly commended
In the ‘Team of the Year’ Award, the Swift team was highly commended
In the ‘BC Newcomer’ Award, Akintade Ayeola Ayelomi was highly commended
In the ‘BC Consultant of the Year’ Award, both Muhammed Ghazali Aqeeq and Pierre Wettergren were highly commended
In the ‘BC Manager of the Year’ Award, Nisar Ahmed Khan was highly commended
For detailed descriptions of each of these categories click here.
In addition to the Global Awards, the following presentations were made:
- Honorary FBCI – James Royds
- Honorary FBCI – Allan Smith
- BCI Achievement Award – David Austin
- BCI Achievement Award – Sam Howard
- BCI Achievement Award – Louise Theunnisen
- Alan Reed Education Award – Jennie Douglas
- BCI Diploma Award – Clasina Genee
- BCI Merit Award – Nigel Allen
- Honorary MBCI – Emanuela Bellan.
The judging panel was made up of independent judges from around the world to ensure a truly impartial and global judging process:
- Rob Acker, LRQA
- Sharon Buckland MBCI
- Brian Henry MBCI, BCI South African Chapter
- John A. Jackson FBCI(hon), Fusion Risk Management, Inc.
- Mahmoud Marzouk, Qatar Airways
- James McAlister MBCI, Merseyside Police
- Keith Prabhu MBCI, Confidis
- Iain Taylor, BCI Global Membership Council
- Phillip Wood MBE, Buckinghamshire New University
- John Zeppos, Cosmote.
To view their biographies, please click here.