Take a Mock CBCI Examination
Preparing to sit the Certificate of the BCI (CBCI) examination, but not quite sure if you are ready? Take this short 50 question mock test to gauge your readiness. Instant responses will let you know whether you have failed or passed (and whether you have gained a mock “Merit”). Responses are fully cross referenced to the Good Practice Guidelines to enable you to address areas that need further revision.
The BCI offers the Certificate of the BCI (CBCI). This entry-level of certified Membership of the BCI, can be achieved by studying for and passing the Certificate of the BCI (CBCI) Examination. This is ideal for professionals seeking a credential in business continuity (BC). Preparation to sit the exam can be done in the following ways:
- Taking an instructor-led classroom based CBCI Certification training course and sitting the examination, usually in a paper and pencil format, at the end of the course (completed in 3-5 days)
- Taking the instructor-led CBCI online training and then taking the new online CBCI exam securely at your own computer (2 hour sessions, twice a week for 8 weeks)
These instructor led courses are approximately 32 hours learning, completed in a classroom or online which is a step-by-step study of the complete Business Continuity Management (BCM) Lifecycle and improving organizational resilience. These courses offer a solid description of the methods, techniques and approaches used by BC professionals worldwide to develop, implement and maintain an effective BCM programme.
- Completing the 8 hour self-paced eLearning training course ‘Building Resilience’ will provide you with a more generic overview of what Business Continuity is all about with references to the Good Practice Guidelines. When used as exam preparation, this course must be complemented with in-depth self-study of the Good Practice Guidelines.
The CBCI credential offers a wide range of value-added benefits.
- Professional Competency: The CBCI credential is an assurance that professionals have the full knowledge and understanding of the theory of global good practice BC. This theory is based on the Good Practice Guidelines (aligned to ISO 22301) the global guide to good practice in Business Continuity. It is also ideal for professionals who wish to begin or move into a career where they must demonstrate knowledge and understanding of good practice in BC.
- Employer Recognition: The CBCI credential is an internationally respected certification. This gives you a professional edge with employers around the world recognising the value of your credentials. Employers also have the added benefit of having certified practitioners which can help towards achieving alignment or certification to ISO 22301, or to demonstrate enhanced levels of resilience which can give them the edge over their competition or help them to meet industry regulations.
- Classroom based instructor-led and online learning options: The delivery of the classroom based and online certification training courses are provided by Approved BCI Instructors only, who are highly experienced practitioners themselves. Our online options allow you to spread out your learning to fit with your schedule, or to study at your pace.
- Professional Status: The CBCI is a certified grade of BCI membership which recognises your professional status. Upon passing the examination at the appropriate level, and subject to proof of professional experience, you will be entitled to progress to the grade of Member of the BCI (MBCI) or an Associate Member of the BCI (AMBCI). BCI Membership unlocks a whole suite of benefits that help you advance in your career.
For more details about the CBCI Certification Training information please click here.
*Please note that certification is only valid for three years and is subject to an annual maintenance fee.
To find out more information about the examination, please download a copy of the Candidate Information Pack by clicking here.