Introduction to Business Continuity Training Course
This course is designed as a first step for newcomers to the subject of business continuity (BC), those wanting to start a career in BC, and for those for whom BC may be a part of their role or responsibilities who need to have a good understanding of the subject.
This course provides you with the basic knowledge and understanding of the building blocks required for developing or maintaining a Business Continuity Management (BCM) programme.
This 1 day course comes complete with course slides and Student Workbook that contains exercises to be completed throughout the course. The course is based on the BCI Good Practice Guidelines (GPG) and reflects current International Standards in business continuity.
What the course covers:
- What is Business Continuity?
- An overview of the BCM Lifecycle
- Policy and Programme Management
- Business Impact Analysis
By the end of the course, you will be able to:
- Explain the key elements of Policy & Programme Management (objectives, scope, governance, roles and responsibilities)
- Describe the challenges of embedding BC and methods to raise awareness
- Describe the four types of BIA and risk and threat assessments
- Explain the five types of design solutions and strategies
- Discuss how the agreed solutions can be implemented and documented in BC Plans
- State the five types of exercises used to validate BC Plans
You will receive 8 CPD points and a Certificate of Attendance from the BCI on successful completion of the course.
If you would like to find out more about the updates to this course you can view a Q&A with the course author here.
Please note: This description is for the updated course delivered from 1st April 2022.
Providers offering [Introduction to Business Continuity Training Course]
Company Location Language Date Duration Business Continuity Training Ltd Online, United Kingdom English 10 Oct 2022 1 day(s) Book
Company Location Language Date Duration RISKWEST Online, AEST, Australia English 09 Nov 2022 2 day(s) Book
Company Location Language Date Duration Business Continuity Training Ltd Online, United Kingdom English 05 Dec 2022 1 day(s) Book