Inspire the next generation. Boost your CV. Help grow the profile of the business continuity and resilience industry.
Gain experience by volunteering
As a membership organization, we need volunteers to contribute to our wide range of activities. There are many ways you can contribute.
Grow your profile in the BCI community and share your knowledge with our global network. We’re always looking for quality content to publish on our website.
These contributions can take various forms:
- Blogs – contribute to the BCI blog, and share your insights with a global audience. For our hints and tips, click here.
- Webinars – interested in hosting a webinar for the BCI? We’re open to contributions. Webinars normally last around an hour with a 40 minute presentation and 20 minute Q&A.
- Research papers – we publish industry-leading research for business continuity and resilience professionals. If you have a research or analysis piece you want to write, let us know.
To help you, we have devised some hints and tips for blog writing here.
BCI is a global network. We have regular community meetings worldwide. These meetings are organised and run by members in the local area. Get involved, and you can meet BCI members in your area and discuss the latest developments in business continuity and resilience.
- Support regional growth – help to grow the profile of the BCI in your region
- Encourage new members – create a welcoming environment for new members to get involved in the institute
- Promote professional development – learn from your peers, help others, promote best practice
Share your experience. Develop your coaching skills. Get perspective on your own career. Our mentors often say it’s one of the most rewarding things they do.
Guide the next generation of business continuity professionals. If you’re an MBCI or FBCI member you can become a mentor now.
Schools engagement with Inspiring the Future
Help the BCI in promoting a more resilient world, by introducing future generations to professional resilience. In the UK, we work with Inspiring the Future to do this.
Inspiring the Future work with thousands of professionals across different sectors who visit schools and colleges to talk about their careers and how they got where they are today.
Use your experience in business continuity and resilience to encourage future generations to work in the industry. Most volunteers do just one visit a year.
Join the BCI Global Board
The BCI is governed by volunteer members and each year there is an opportunity for a new member to join the board. If more than one nomination is received then an election will take place where members choose who will join their board. To be eligible you must have at least 1 years experience as a BCI volunteer and be a Voting Member. Full details of the requirements are available in the BCI Bylaws here.